10.24.2016

October 24, 2016

Kia ora whanau!! 

This week went by so fast. It all seems like bit of a blur. I went on an exchange with Elder Richardson in Gore, the country music and brown trout fishing capital of New Zealand, this week. While there, we taught a lesson to a part-member couple.  M is investigating and has a baptismal date but told us that she was worried about what her family was going to think. We taught her about the Atonement and how her Savior had the Spirit withdraw from Him so that he would know how the rest of us would feel when we're forsaken. 
We also taught that opposition allows us to exercise and grow our faith and that God won't let us be temped more than we can withstand. 
We told her that it has to be her choice and we asked her what she wants to do. 
"I think I want to be baptized." 

It blows me away that I was trusted to be a part of her progression. It also surprised me how much love I felt for the both of them. I know Heavenly Father loves his children. 

On Saturday, we were street-contacting and that was neat. We meet people literally from all over the world: Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Nepal, USA. We ran into a lot of members and one family shouted us lunch. Another brought their left-over groceries to church and gave them to us. So basically, the church is really true in Queenstown. 

We were teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a member family, and one of their sons said the third part is, "Baptism by emergency for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Benjamin 

No comments:

Post a Comment