10.17.2016

October 17, 2016

Kia ora whanau! 

So we had a pretty neat week. I tell you what. 

On Wednesday when we got back from district meeting and were at our chapel for a minute (or maybe it was Thursday..), we felt like we should go and see P. He just moved to the old-folks home on the street the chapel is on because his health is failing. He's not quite 50 so it's sad to see him so sick but I believe that his afflictions have softened him up a bit to the gospel. While we went in to visit him, after talking for a minute he said to us, "I prayed to see if your church was good." We asked how it went and he said he felt like he wanted to run and jump like a little boy because of the joy that came into him. You know where the feeling came from? The Holy Ghost. 

D and K came to church again this week! They told us earlier in the week that they felt like they should put more emphasis on reading and on Sunday, because they had, I could see the difference in them. They had questions, they felt the spirit at church, and they even had some of the answers! Doug had done some reading online about us and had a question about the Word of Wisdom so that's what we taught them during second hour. You wanna know the best part? They were already living it. "Will you keep living the word of wisdom?" So cool. 
We told D to be careful about the anti-mormon stuff on the internet but he said, "Oh yeah I'm not worried about that. I think you can tell about an organization by the enemies it has." 

We had visitors in church from Perth and I thought, "Hey that's where Annie served! Maybe they know her." So I told them that Sister Tanner had served in Perth and they said, "She got married didn't she?" 
"Yeah to Elder Gardner from the same mission!"
Then the mom said, "He was the one that found and taught me." 

It's a small world and Heavenly Father loves his children. 

I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Benjamin 

No comments:

Post a Comment