1.05.2016

2 Nephi 5:27

Kia Ora Whanau! 

As always, this week has been so so so so good. I love the mission. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's easily the best. 

I found one of the reasons I was called to the New Zealand Wellington Mission. The zone leaders had been teaching a girl  and they set her baptismal date for Saturday and they asked me to do the interview cuz District Leader. I can't share all the details of what happened, but I'll share some. We sat down, I asked the questions and the spirit was there. Then, half way through, the spirit left but I had no idea why. We got talking and I did my best to follow the spirit and it eventually led us to the Atonement. About the Savior's crucifixion. About how, as he was hanging on the cross, the spirit left him which led him to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I told her that it is my personal belief that when the Savior had fulfilled everything Heavenly Father needed him to do, died, and went to be reunited with his Father that He was told something like this: "As hard as it was for you to go through that, it was harder for me to watch." 

Silence followed. 

Tears started rolling down her
face, she finally told me what she was scared of and, without me having to say anything, she gained a determined look in her eyes and said that she was ready to be baptized. My favorite part though, was to see the light enter her eyes. The pure light of Christ which I was able to watch only get brighter as she was baptized and confirmed in the coming days.

The mission is the coolest thing I've ever done. Everyone needs to serve. 

Love,
Elder Benjamin


No comments:

Post a Comment