1.12.2016

Another day, another...nickel

So the weeks gone again. They all go by so fast. It's wild. 

My last email, I was very obviously inspired and on a spiritual high. This week has just kinda felt slow. We've started cleaning our area which means we're going through our area book which hasn't been done in over a year, and we're going through our ward list! (It has over 250 names on it and only about 30-40 come every Sunday.) Our work is cut out for us. It's good though. It's slow, but it just kinda feels right and there's something really satisfying about being able to fulfil Heavenly Father's will even if it doesn't immediately result in heaps of new investigators and baptisms. 

I've been thinking a lot about light this week and how it's used as a symbol throughout the scriptures. The Savior being the light of the world, letting our light so shine like President Monson asked us, the mists of darkness in the tree of life, phrases like "the lord is my light and my salvation." I can't say that I have many profound thoughts about it so far, but the thing that I keep drifting back to is how, when someone is converted, worthy, and Christlike, they have a light about them. It's not a physical glow and most often you can only see it in their eyes, but there's a light. I've seen it in missionaries, in ward members, in investigators preparing for baptism, and others. It's not doctrine, per se, but it's definitely something I've seen. You should all pay attention to that this week. 

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Benjamin


No comments:

Post a Comment