11.01.2015

Weekly Email

Me out in the country side somewhere that I thought was particularly pretty.  It's also proof that I'm not fat. Yet.
This week has been pretty neat. To be honest, I don't have much to say..
Here's a few highlights of the week. 
We visited a potential investigator and he had just lost his job. He said, sort of jokingly, that maybe he should go to church to help things go better in his life. What it did though, was open up a discussion on the gospel and how much it blesses lives. We were able to give him a Book of Mormon and commit him to read it. We're gonna try and follow up this week and help him along the way. 

On Sunday morning, I was really struggling to be happy. I knelt down and asked Heavenly Father to give me strength that day and to show me something I needed to fix, if there was something, so that I could be happier. After I prayed, I stayed kneeling down, listening for the promptings of the spirit. I felt that I needed to sleep more. It wasn't quite the answer I was expecting, but it just showed me that Heavenly Father really is aware of every aspect of our life and nothing is too small for him to care about. 
As I went to fast and testimony meeting, a couple things happened. The first was that as the members of my little Omahu ward bore testimony of the gospel, I was strengthened by them. I received energy and happiness that I hadn't had before all because of others' strength. The second was that, because the All Blacks won the world cup that morning, literally every single person that spoke at all, mentioned them. hahaha. The third was that our gospel doctrine teacher, who is in her 80s I think, bore her testimony and talked about how her belief and knowledge of the gospel is unshakable. She said she's ready to defend her beliefs to anyone and, to prove her point, she all but yelled from the pulpit.


Anyways. Love you all!

Love,

Elder Benjamin
We are allotted 1000 Ks to use this month.  That's the odometer on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment