10.26.2015

Prayers Answered

Sorry the email is a day late! Yesterday was a holiday here in Kiwi land and so the email shop was closed. Hence, the email a day late. 

On Sunday, in Hastings, there was a combined stake young men missionary day. We all went out to teach them how to invite a less active member to a fireside they were having and then we went on splits to do it. After splits, we came back to the chapel and they asked all the missionaries to each teach a group of the young men about chapter one from PMG. I agreed, as did everyone else, but I was really nervous about filling up 25 minutes in class, unprepared, on a chapter that I didn't know very well at all. I turned to Heavenly Father in a silent prayer and pleaded with him to bless me with the spirit and that it would give me what to teach and that it would help me teach a meaningful lesson for these boys. 
We got into our room and I wanted to start out learning every one's names so I could take up some of the time but the spirit told me to get straight into the lesson and teach them about the Missionary Purpose. As soon as I started teaching, the spirit took over. I was able to fill the time completely and teach the young men about what the purpose means and that they need to invite Christ into their own life before they can invite others to come unto him. I ended with bearing witness that he lives and that his atonement is real. It was one of the most powerful lessons I've been able to teach so far as a missionary and it all came from my prayer being answered. It's so clear to me that Heavenly Father is aware of me and He answers my prayers. 

This week has been great. On Saturday, our ward had a baptism for a boy named Hawaiki. We've been going over to have FHE with them for a couple months now. The mom is less active and the dad isn't a member. They all came to the baptism on Saturday and the spirit was so strong. Between the talks and a wet to dry lesson Sister S put together, I was able to testify to everyone that was there that baptism is a saving ordinance and that our Savior lives. Afterwards as we talked to the dad, he told us how strong he felt the spirit and how happy he was for his son. It was incredible. 

Here's something else I think you will like: On Thursday of this week we went to see C and S, but S was the only one there. He's only 12 and we taught him how to pray again. Elder A was giving him examples of what he could say in a prayer and one of the things he said was, "I'm thankful that Elder A is the man." So, as Saxon was praying, he said, "Thankful that Elder A is the man..... and that Elder Benjamin could come here too." hahahahahaha. 

Anyways. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all the prayers. 

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment