10.13.2015

General Conference

So this week was pretty long. Bad start to the email, eh? It's because I was stuck in the flat sick for Tuesday and Wednesday!! So fun. I was actually confined to the bathroom for some of it... But I'll spare you all the details. 

Because of that, I was really bored and stuff. There wasn't actually much that happened this week because of it. So this will be quite a short email.

One thing that did happen was General Conference. I loved it so much. I've never loved conference so much. Oh my life it was good. A couple things I did differently that helped me enjoy it so much was to go into it with prayerfully pondered questions. They gave me things to look for and focus on. Another thing that helped oh so much was to write notes according to the Spirit, not just writing an outline of the talk like I usually do, haha. It helped me learn so much. 
A few highlights: One was Elder Holland's talk on Mothers. I think one of the best and most brilliant ways we have to learn of the Savior, is to get to know our moms, specifically my mom. I came to the realization that I already know him better than I realized because of her. 
Another was Elder Bednar's talk. I've never had such a powerful witness to me of the divinity of these men and their callings. The spirit very clearly told me that they were prophets of God and they speak as God and the Savior direct. 

Anyways. I love you all!

Love, 
Elder Benjamin


-I love the Lord-

1 comment: