11.09.2015

This week or something

I'm pretty sure this week was only about 3 days long... I have no idea what happened and we were so busy. It's all good things though. 
 On Tuesday, we had our district meeting with President and Sister Hudson and I love them so much. In my interview with President, he could see that I was being pretty hard on myself and that I didn't really believe that I was a good missionary yet. (Pretty surprising, right? hahaha.) He opened right up to chapter one of PMG and showed me what the Brethren were inspired to write and the guidelines of what makes a successful missionary. It had nothing to do with baptisms, having no fear, or being able to answer every question. The first thing was feeling the spirit testify through you to other people. Which, I have felt before and I had just told President about an experience with that. He went on to show me 4 or 5 other things that I'm already doing to make me a successful missionary. 
I don't share this to be prideful, I'm just so grateful to have a loving, inspired leader. 

We had a lot of meetings and this week was our Stake's 20th anniversary so we went to heaps of activities for that. One of my favorites was a fireside on Saturday night with Sid Going - an All Black legend that's had a conference talk and a mormon message about him. He's now the Hamilton Temple President. He and his wife stood at the pulpit together and answered questions and talked about their experiences in the gospel. It was pretty neat. I made a goal though, as I walked into the chapel, that I was going to get a picture with him before I left. I've missed a lot of opportunities in my life because of fear of talking to people, like David Archuleta in the MTC, and I didn't want to have that as a theme in my life. So, after the fireside was over, the missionaries were all talking and hoping that we could talk to Sid, and I took a couple deep breaths and walked up to him and introduced myself. I asked for a picture and every other missionary followed suit. It was pretty neat. The spirit has given me a confidence that I've never had before and I love it so much. 

We didn't do much teaching this week because a lot of people cancelled so sorry there's nothing about our investigators. 

Love you all! 

Love, 

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment