1.30.2017

January 30, 2017

Kia ora whanau!! 

What a week. As I'm sure you all know (or surely will know soon) we had a world-wide training broadcast this week with the missionary executive council. It was such a good broadcast. I learned a whole lot about the Doctrine of Christ, my purpose as a missionary, and other things. One of the things that stuck out to me the most was how remarkable the Apostles are. Elders Oaks, Bednar, and Anderson are all a part of the council and their remarks and teachings were given with such humility, spiritual power, and wisdom. I know that they are called of God. 

After the broadcast, we all went to the Beckmans (a senior couple in Gore) and had waffles! I miss American breakfast so much. Oh my life it was good. Then Sister Christensen had made cheesecake for my birthday and I was in heaven. 
On Saturday, Sister McLean made me a cake as well. So it was a pretty neat week for food. 

We spent a day and a half in Alexandra this week so that the Elders there could teach us the area. It was good to meet the few people there,

but it does add to my stress because there's almost no work happening there right now. They don't have anything of a teaching pool so we'll have a lot of work to do when we take over.

I love you all! 

Love, 

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment