9.27.2016

Ether 12:27

Kia ora whanau!! 

Elder M and I won the missionary game this week. Let me 'splain. No no no. too much. Let me sum up. 
President Hudson gave our mission a baptismal formula a few months ago. The first part of it is to talk to 150 new people every week that aren't members. I don't know how that sounds to everyone else but for me, things like street contacting and door knocking are the single hardest parts of the mission. They're also the parts which make me the most afraid. We were able to go on an exchange with the Zone Leaders at the beginning of the week and they're both really good at talking with people and so Elder M and I got a bit more practice with that and we caught fire. For the rest of the week, we talked with everyone in our path. It was still just as awkward as we thought it would be and we were rejected quite often but instead of feeling like we were told to go to outer darkness or stop harassing people (which both of them happened this week) we felt like we were fulfilling our purpose and pleasing our Heavenly Father and our Savior. 

I just feel like, because I overcame my single biggest fear of the mission this week, that there's nothing I can't do with enough faith in my Savior. 

I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Benjamin 

No comments:

Post a Comment