8.21.2016

Jacob 4:6-7

Kia ora whanau!! 

What a week. A little bit different week actually. This week I was prompted to pull out the Atonement book the mission made in 2014 and read it. As I was reading a talk by Elder Bednar, he talked about how the Lord shows us our weakness so we can be humble. Elder Maxwell talks about how it happens as we come unto Christ and it's usually life's circumstances that show us our weakness. I was definitely shown mine this week. I am happy to say that I'm not discouraged at all. I've only felt a renewed desire to rely on Heavenly Father and the Savior. I know they'll help me out. It's just interesting to feel the weight of it on my shoulders. It's like the Savior said, "Hey Elder. See this bag of rocks? I've been carrying it around for you for a while. You're ready for it right now. See how heavy it is? It's alright. You just need to get rid of these things. Some of them you just throw away, others you give back to me. I know you can do it. I'll help you." It's like my spiritual footprints became a little bit deeper in the sand. 

For the musical fireside, I had to learn about 8 or 9 new songs this week. I tell you what, that was stressful. I definitely felt the Lord helping me practice. The fireside went really really well though! It came together so well and I was so pleased. 

Our investigator came to church again! And to the Fireside! After we taught her in the second hour, we showed her the pictures in the foyer and read the scriptures that went along with them. As we were showing her the first vision she said, "The more you two teach me, the more sense it all makes." I was so pleased. 

I'm happy to say that I'm staying in Oamaru with Elder M! 

Arohanui,

Elder Benjamin 

No comments:

Post a Comment