3.29.2016

Tender Mercies

Kia ora whanau!

Another week down. A bunch more to go. (and thank goodness for that.)

To be honest, the week flew by and I don't have much to say in regards to "missionary work." We don't actually have any investigators right now and most of our branch was gone for Easter. 

I did have a couple pretty neat experiences though. One of them was playing touch. (Touch is rugby that's touch instead of tackle, btdubs.) I was pretty upset about some things that had been going on, and I started praying about them during the game, but then I stopped focusing on the game and I was just useless. So, I decided to pray and ask that I would just be able to do well in the game so that I could enjoy it, take my mind off of things, and just have a release. As I started to actually play again, I scored 4 tries! I started to play so well. Now, I don't say that to brag, even though I was literally the only white guy playing, I guess I'm just really grateful that even something as simple as playing well in a pick-up touch game was important enough to Heavenly Father to influence for me. 

As I was studying this morning, I was reading in 2nd Nephi and as Jacob quoted Isaiah, the words were clearly answers to my prayers. It was like someone came, sat me down and said, "Hey elder, this is for you. Read it, please." 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment