3.13.2016

The Promised Land

The view from Jared's new 'flat'

Kia Ora Whanau!! 

So, I'm down in Oamaru. I'm already in love with it. I basically spent all day Wednesday flying and driving. Kinda lame but whatevs. 

My new companion is from Samoa and he's probably the most humble person I've ever met. One of the first things he did was give me a lava lava. 

Our branch is bigger than my last ward. In our branch council, the branch president got emotional when he started telling everyone how much he loves the missionaries. 

There was a temple fireside on Sunday and the spirit was so strong!! I cried. and the speakers did too. I loved hearing all the incredible sacrifices the members have made to visit the temple. 

On Sunday, I got fed 3 dinners. I'm honestly shocked that I ate it all. It was three dinners. Like three meals. And most of the members here are islanders so they know how to put on a feed. Holy crap. 

My flat has probably the most gorgeous view in the world so that's pretty neat. 

Anyways. Not much has happened in regards to missionary work in my area, but we are gonna find 100 new investigators next week. 

Love you all!

Love,

Elder Benjamin
Old district before he left

No comments:

Post a Comment