7.04.2016

I am a Son of God

Kia Ora Whanau!! 

I can honestly say that this has been the best week of the mission. Crazy right?? Let me splain. No no no, too much. Let me sum up. 

I was really struggling with R but I knew that even though I didn't understand it, I could pray to be comforted through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So I did just that. After district meeting on Wednesday, I asked Elder Osburn for a blessing and it was such an incredible answer to prayers. Among many special things I was told, I was told that R would be brought to the Lord when the time was right. As I hear that, it just kinda clicked in my head and I thought, "Oh. Hey. Everything will work out and I'll be okay." 

After the blessing, I was able to receive some really inspired council from the Osburns. (This is where the best week of the mission part comes in.) They helped me realize that I was letting other people define me. When I would get annoyed with a companion or an investigator would drop us, things like that, I was letting that define who I was. The Osburns told me that I need to define myself as a Son of God. Define myself by my divine heritage and then, tell myself that when something goes wrong or I get upset about something. That's what I've started doing and let me tell you, it made a world of difference. 

My whole mission, even with the incredible experiences I've had, I felt like I wasn't quite as happy as I should be. I never thought too much about it, but I always felt that just a little something was missing but when I started the "self-talk" this week about being a son of God, that's when I got that last bit of happiness that I was always looking for. 

So I guess this is really significant for me, but not a super great email... Haha so I hope you all can appreciate how much this really has helped me. 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment