6.12.2016

June 12, 2016

Kia Ora Whanau!! 

I think I talked a little bit about how I'd been having a rough couple weeks in my last email. I'm doing a lot better now though! I had been praying for help and I was expecting to feel an overwhelming feeling of love and acceptance to bring me up. That's what I had always experienced before on the mission. So I was waiting for that but it never really came. I was able to learn that sometimes the Lord's power of deliverance isn't always manifest in grandiose ways, it can come in a subtle feeling of peace that slowly seeps into our lives. It was almost like He said to me, "Jared, you have permission to be happy. Just choose to be okay and you will be. I've given you all the help you need." 

We started a new way to ask for referrals by going through all the people our members know in their families and work and school and facebook to see who's not a member and then committing them to pray about who to start working with. We get anywhere from 20-100 names with each family!! Not all referrals of course, but potentials! I'm really excited for this to play out. 

Love you all! 

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment