6.06.2016

June 6, 2016

Kia Ora Whanau!! 


I just finished the Book of Mormon and I prayed and asked Heavenly Father if it's true. I already know that it is but I think it's always a good idea to renew and refresh our testimonies to strengthen them. I had been waiting for an answer for a couple weeks now and hadn't had it yet. I also had been having a rough couple weeks. I think I wrote in my journal something like this, "I feel like Satan is grabbing the hand of my thoughts and is hitting me with it over and over saying, 'Why are you hiitng yourself?'"
As I was reading in 2nd Nephi chapter 4, I read about where Nephi talks about the wretched man that he is. How he desires to rejoice but he remembers his mistakes. I had been having a rough couple weeks and the words really stuck out to me. It was almost like Nephi had written them for me. As I kept reading, the Lord reminded me to "remember in whom I have trusted" and have more faith. It was such a blessing. I was able to have the assurance that the Book of Mormon was true and have a little encouragement from the Lord to keep trying. 

We found out that our investigator  has moved into the other ward in Oamaru. It ruined my day. I was so excited to be able to get a baptism (because she committed to it last week!) It was hard for me to find this out but I've been blessed to feel peace as we've been working on the transition between missionaries. And as long as she gets baptized, that's really what matters. 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment