2.22.2016

Refiner's Fire

Kia Ora whanau! 

Well, my favorite investigator and his less-active girlfriend dropped us yesterday. I was pretty bummed. I still am pretty bummed. Sometimes missions are hard. Did you know? haha. 

I did speak in sacrament meeting about adversity and how it's the trials that we have that strengthen us and then give us the opportunity or skills to help others along the way. So I guess that talk was for me! 

We saw another investigator on Wednesday who said that she was thinking about baptism!! Then we realized that she was talking about a church that was not our own. So I'm flipping out thinking, "Elder Say something!! You're gonna lose her!!" So then I prayed for help. The first thought I had was, "Well, you're not prepared." It was a pretty good wake-up call to make sure I'm actually prepared for all the appointments I have. But then, after a little rebuke, we were able to commit her to hear all the lessons again. Basically, to start over. Such a blessing. 

Well, I hope yous all have an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Benjamin
The Bishop from Lexie's last area on her mission in Australia was visiting New Zealand and sent pictures of Jared!

No comments:

Post a Comment