2.04.2016

Transfers

My awesome district
Kia ora whanau! 

I told Sister M yesterday that I'm convinced that transfers are designed to rip your heart out. 

But I'm staying in the Omahu ward!! I just get sad that other missionaries are leaving. That's all. 

This week was pretty neat. As always. We went over to see one of our investigators, and because the appointments kinda lost some of their structure over time (no real teaching, just answering a lot of her questions and then reading scriptures) we asked her what her expectations were. She told us that she wants to join the church, she just wants the support of her family. Namely her husband. So. I was doing backflips inside while being calm at her table. She's so ready. But please pray that she'll have the strength and support she needs to get baptiz
ed.

Another highlight was district meeting. It was really neat. I was praying and studying and pondering all week about how to teach my lesson. I knew I was supposed to teach about Peter being asked by the Savior three times, "Do you love me?" I just didn't know how it was gonna come together. Finally about the night before, it just clicked. All the studying and things that I had learned just came together and it was so clear what it was that I was supposed to talk about: Peter's overwhelming characteristics in life seemed to be love and loyalty. So when the Savior asked Peter about his love, it was a call to become more devoted and re dedicate himself to this cause. The spirit was so strong as I taught and I was so grateful for the help. 

I'm pretty sure that the mission is the coolest idea anyone has ever come up with. Yous should all try it out. 

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment