9.28.2015

Zone Conference and stuff


This week was so great. I think I say that every week, but it seriously was so good. 

We taught family night on Monday  to a part member, less active family and I was shocked at how much the kids knew and understood about the gospel. It was incredible. And we were invited over to teach again tonight and I'm really hoping we can help them out. 

Tuesday was pretty neat. We taught our PMG class and we talked about Praying with Faith. Because we prepared our lesson well, the spirit was there so strong. I think it actually taught me more than what I was able to teach the few people that were there. 

Wednesday, we had planned to see J again, but her husband is at work in the day so we have to have our lessons outside, unless we bring someone else with us. It was raining. Hard. At lunch, I knelt and prayed that the rain would stop so we could go to see her and help her out. The rain didn't stop, but my companion told me that one of our members was gonna come with us! He told us that the spirit had told him earlier that he needed to make time for us. It was amazing to see how a prayer was so clearly answered, just in a way I didn't expect. 

Thursday, the zone leaders had been teaching a family and the mom needed a baptismal interview. My companion is the district leader so he had to give her baptismal interview. Turns out, the family owns a place called Weston Sports and that's where we had the interview! They gave us a feed and then, during and after the interview, we played indoor cricket and touch rugby on their field. Turns out, cricket is actually fun. Weird right? 

Friday was zone conference and it was so great. It actually started off pretty bad. I was asked to play the piano and it was bad news. I practiced as much as I could, but I was nervous and not prepared enough and so I did pretty bad as I was playing. It really started off as a bad day for me because of that. I found that I didn't have the spirit at all and I wasn't learning anything as president was teaching about Joseph Smith. So I thought, this is stupid. Pray and ask Heavenly Father for help. So, even though I did not want to pray, I did. And. It worked. As I tried to let go and be happy, Heavenly Father helped me so much. He gave me the spirit again and the sister that I was sitting next to made me laugh and helped me as well. It was so great. Also, I learned a lot about finding and being a missionary and stuff because zone conference, but one of my favorite things was that I got to talk to President and Sister Hudson for a few minutes and they gave me very personal advice. I can't say how much I love having leaders, busy as they are, that take the time to help me out. It's the best thing in the world. 

Saturday and Sunday was basically a lot of people cancelling and not being home. LAME. But I can't help but feel that this is just an opportunity for me to show my diligence and dedication to the work. 

I love you all! Thank you so much for the prayers and letters. (I'm assuming the letters are coming. I've only got one or two in the mail so far. So step up people.:))

Love,

Elder Benjamin



No comments:

Post a Comment