9.14.2015

September 14, 2015

I can't get over how fast the time is already going. It seriously feels like I was just emailing home yesterday.
So many good things happened this week. I love it so much. We've started to go door knocking as a district and we'll choose one area out of the three and all choose a street to knock. We're going up to the houses in our companionships, but it's really helped me feel closer to my district-it's only me and my companion, the zone leaders, and two sisters. We've all had quite a bit of success together and I love it. On Friday, we did it in my area and we found two potential investigators! One of them said she's wanted to get closer to God and she would love to have us back over! We left her a mormon.org card and are going over sometime this week.  Another one right as he opened the door and we introduced ourselves, he told us, "I'm not very happy with the big guy upstairs right now." I thought he would just say he wasn't interested and then shut the door, but he actually started talking to us. He told us that his wife died about 4 months ago and that he was really angry about it. We said that we didn't wanna push anything on him and we would love to listen if he was willing to talk about it.
He went on to tell us that he was so upset with God that his wife died because she was living righteously, didn't smoke or drink, and tried really hard to stay healthy so he couldn't understand why God would take her away. He said there was one day after his wife passed away that he was sitting in his living room and his wife's spirit appeared and she waved and said goodbye to him like she did every day as he went to work. It was because of this, he said, that started him to wonder if there really is a spirit world or some place we go after death. He also told us that he had other times where he had seen what he thought were spirits.
He wants to talk to a minister before he'll talk to us, but we ended up being able to leave a Plan of Salvation pamphlet with him before we left and he promised to read it. It was so powerful. He went from telling us he was mad at God, to having the spirit work with him to get him to open up to us and take a pamphlet. It was incredible.
Other than that, we visited a less active lady,  and she asked for a blessing before we left so she could find the courage and strength to come back to church. On Sunday night, Bishop and his wife fed us dinner and then we went on visits with the Bishop and that was really cool. We got fed 5 times I think this week.. I'm pretty sure I've already gained a few pounds. My companion said that it's called the 20 kg mission. He also asked me today if Rocky Balboa was still alive because he thought Rocky was a real person. Hilarious.
The work is progressing, the spirit is strong, and I love it out here.
Love,
Elder Benjamin
-I Love the Lord-


No comments:

Post a Comment