5.16.2016

May 16, 2016

Kia Ora Whanau!! 

What a great week. I love being a missionary. 

In ward council on Sunday, our bishop told us about some pretty amazing plans for Oamaru! If both wards get enough people attending sacrament meeting, we can apply for a new chapel!! To give you some perspective, it took Dunedin district 124 years to become a stake. Now, about a month after we became a stake, our Bishop told us he wants and thinks we can have the attendance for a new chapel by December! I honestly would love to stay in Oamaru for the rest of my mission. 

I was struggling to stay focused as I prayed so I asked Elder Osburn for advice. He said that he imagines Heavenly Father in his "celestial living room" and then it's just like talking to dad. As I took the time to do that before I prayed, I had the words, "How was your day, son?" come to mind and it was one of the most meaningful prayers I've had in a long time. 

We had another great lesson with R this week! She said that she's praying about what we've been teaching and that she feels peace as she prays. I'm so excited for her. 

I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment