12.21.2015

Lessons Learned I Guess

This week has been pretty neat, like it always is. 
We door knocked into a less-active lady who invited us to come back next week to start teaching her! She told us that she wants to quit smoking and come back to church. She was even going to come this Sunday but she got sick so she couldn't. LAME. 

I spoke in sacrament meeting about the different names of the Savior and how they help us remember him. So, S/O to everyone that helped with that. You all basically wrote my talk. :) (We sent Jared an Advent Calendar for Christmas.  Each day there was a new ornament to add with a different name of Christ.  Each family member chose a name of Christ and chose a scripture and explained why that title of Christ was significant to them.)

Speaking of Sunday though. We had our Christmas fireside! Overall, I think the result was good. We got some non-members into the chapel, talking to ward members. We watched a video, people acted out a nativity that my missionaries narrated and people seemed to enjoy it. 
Lots of bad things happened from my perspective, like my USB breaking, but overall, I think it went well! 

We've been teaching S and she's really really receptive! It feels so good to work with someone that has been prepared. If all goes to plan, we should be baptizing her this Saturday! 

Love you all.

Love,

Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment